Monday, February 11, 2008

Minneapolis...meet Ciara

Flying over Lake Michigan with a slight turbulence because of the low riding winds, kind of gave me flashbacks on Lost. Except I'm sure if that were to happen, we'd be stranded on a really really cold place. No palm trees and beaches - IF we made it onto the island. The more likely alternative is to freeze in the water first.

Anyhow, driving to downtown Minneapolis from the airport took me all of 15 minutes. It was great. I like the city so far except for the cold. I did not know it could get that cold here - it felt like I was in Montreal, Alaska and maybe even the North Pole!

My first day at work at Best Buy was absolutely crazy. My Outlook has never been so jam packed with meetings. All my projects revolves around building online capabilities within the Mobile division to enhance the customer shopping experience. In fact...I only found out today that I was switched to the Online team, I was originally supposed to be working on projects that dealt with the In-store shopping experience as opposed to Online. But hey, I'm not complaining :) - everyone seems really cool. The day went crazier when my manager had to leave for an emergency and I was left to attend a meeting by myself. I don't even know what I'll be doing yet!!!! It was quite the day.

No comments: