Thursday, February 14, 2008

BlackBerry Enterprise Security Email Go Around

I should share this before I forget.

Last time I mentioned how I got around adding my personal email to the BlackBerry 8310 (trick is to do it before Enterprise Activation), but I found out that after activation, I couldn't reply to personal emails although I was still able to receive them. Well today I discovered a way to "respond", effectively maneuvering around the so called IT security thing.

Once you open up your i.e. gmail message, instead of hitting "reply", you must use the "forward" function instead. Yes, you will have to input the email address again, but you can type your message like you normally would. This route gives you the "send" option, whereas if you hit "reply", it doesn't give you the "send" option after you're done - only "save draft". I was pretty excited when I discovered this!

***********UPDATE************

If you hit "forward", the phone uses your enterprise email...so if you don't want that to happen and let the recepient know your biz email, or if you don't want your company to be able to track your personal emails...I suggest you not do the forwarding trick...I just realized it a few days ago :o

~Ci

No comments: