Saturday, February 23, 2008

Forgotten combination lock

So I've almost finished unpacking everything except my hookah, which is locked in a silver case...with a combination lock - like the bike lock type. The thing is, I changed the combo number before I packed it up in the U-Haul and now...yep...I don't remember what the combination is!!! I've been trying various combination for the last few hours to no avail.

There are effectively 1000 different combinations that I can try (10 x 10 x 10), if I can at least find out ONE number, then there is only 100 combinations to try. Finite math does come in handy! At the end, I decided to use brute force and semi-break it. I got it opened, and after tinkering with it a bit, I figured out the combination I used, and I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THAT NUMBER CAME FROM!!! Anyways, I got my hookah out so I'm happy. AND the case still works...with the combo ;) I definitely remember the number now!

~Ci

No comments: