Sunday, January 14, 2007

Winterlicious

I know the previous two posts were basically food reviews, but it's that time of the year! Not to mention that Winterlicious (http://www.menupalace.com/menupalace/Winterlicious.aspx) will be starting in less than 2 weeks! It's a general food tasting extravaganza that happens in Toronto twice a year, the other being Summerlicious (not counting cultural food festivals...those are fantastic as well).

Andrew and I made reservations for Truffles at the 4 Seasons and Hemispheres at the Metropolitan Hotel (guess we're doing a hotel theme this year for Winterlicious!). Their menus look fantastic and I can't wait to go. Last year we tried out Far Niente (which was mediocre and I was disappointed) and North 44 (which was great!). Although we tried to book Canoe this year, it was near impossible. The restaurant booked 2500 seats on the first day (AMEX card holders get two days advance booking, which left the rest of us no chance for Canoe)! Even holders had difficulty getting reservations! I'm looking forward to that, not to mention my birthday dinner...I think we're going to Auberge, but I'm trying to get my boyfriend to go to a vegetarian restaurant...he's fighting it.

No comments: