Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Random Thoughts of TO and Stuff

It's been a little over a week since I got back to Dallas from American Thanksgiving - no, I didn't get turkey, that was done last month. I brought back from Toronto my Winter collection of clothes...well, what I could fit on my carry on anyway, which wasn't much. Oh...I also brought back the flu - fantastic. So much for the flu shot. I still haven't been able to kick it yet.

TO was awesome, so great to see everyone again. Met up with my mentor/advisor and we chatted about IT. If anyone had told me that I would be chatting to my advisor about IT a year ago I would've laughed. No way. But there I was at Schulich talking to Bill about CRM, BI and DW and the world of outsourcing. It was quite a motivating chat. Then I mosied on out back to the blizzard that had hit Toronto the night I arrived.

As I stood out in the cold Saturday night to get into this club, I wondered what it was that I missed about TO. The cold...not really. Waiting in line at a hip club...no. I think....I missed the vibrancy. The culture. The diversity of TO. Oh I missed the food too.

It appears that several of my friends had ended their relationships. I have to say, it's great being...free. Suffocation is a terrible way to die.

Back in Dallas.....I'm still a stranger.

I am in love with One Republic...and their song Apologize.

I'm holding on your rope
Got me ten feet off the ground
I'm hearin what you say but I just can't make a sound
You tell me that you need me
Then you go and cut me down, but wait
You tell me that you're sorry
Didn't think I'd turn around, and say...
It's too late to apologize, it's too late I said it's too late to apologize, it's too late
I'd take another chance, take a fall
Take a shot for you
And I need you like a heart needs a beat
But it's nothin new I loved you with a fire red-
Now it's turning blue, and you say... "Sorry" like the angel heaven let me think was you
But I'm afraid...
It's too late to apologize, it's too late I said it's too late to apologize, it's too late
I said it's too late to apologize, yeah
I'm holdin on your rope, got me ten feet off the ground...

No comments: