Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Last Christmas I gave you my heart...But the very next day, you gave it away

Ah, Christmas. When I was young, it has always been about receiving gifts and eating yummy food. Now it's more about fighting for parking at the mall and scouring the mall for the perfect 'unique', 'personalized' gifts. I love online shopping by the way...

As kids, you don't really care about being 'alone'. Now with the holidays, sometimes it gets depressing. Here's to spiked eggnog and best friends who are always there no matter what.

For my Christmas present, I am getting the BlackBerry Curve 8310, which, to my dismay, I am still waiting for. I would have received it earlier had AT&T not screw up the order - they sent me the 8300 instead. Now I have to send that back and apparently when they said overnight delivery, they're lying. I am still waiting. My experience with customer service at AT&T leaves very little to be desired. I spent 1.5 hours on the phone being transferred and waiting. Then I had to wait for them to finish processing the order. I am not sure what system they are using, but it is very slow. They are in need of an upgrade - I will have to tell the Account Manager from my company to speak to the company. Unbelievable.

So what's the difference between the 8300 and the 8310 that I MUST switch it? Simple, the 8310 comes with a GPS, which if you know me...I need. There is also the 8320, which has WiFi capability. The 8300 doesn't come with GPS or WiFi, you can call it the basic model, although it still has great functions. I need the GPS. The new Google Maps is out and I can't wait to download it onto the new toy.

Leaving back to Toronto on Friday. Lets hope I don't get snowed in in Dallas again.

No comments: