Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The Lone Star

I mean that literally and figuratively.

I am alone. No friends (for now), family or dog...it's quite strange. Although it's not like I've never been in this situation before :p

I've spent a little over a week now in Dallas. I've finally found a place to live that I totally adore (although the price is a little high for Dallas - but still lower than Toronto by about $400-$500 bucks a month...which is significant if you think about it!). You can check out my new pad here -- http://www.postproperties.com/ApartmentHome/PropertyInfo.aspx?PropertyId=Post%20Worthington&Type=PAH

Nice isn't it ;) I'm moving in tomorrow! The area that I will be living in is about 20-30 minutes away from work which isn't bad. But it's worth it as the area is pretty cool with nice restaurants and pubs/bars/lounges. Not that many, but good enough. It is also only 10 minutes away from downtown clubbing district (quite small compared to Toronto - but then again, Toronto has the highest density of clubs in North America -- the things about Toronto I learn after leaving...you really do take it for granted when you're there...). I have spent days shopping and signing up for utilities, which is really really not much fun. Hopefully my furniture arrives on time. My futon will be delivered by tomorrow though so at least I can sleep on that (he guaranteed that...).

The new American recruits weren't kidding, there are a lot of trucks and SUVs in Dallas. I honestly thought I was going to get run over in my dinky Ford Focus rental (which sucks by the way so don't ever buy a Ford Focus). I am glad to be getting my car back, the shipping company will finally arrive tomorrow with my car - it will be nice to drive manual again (especially since traffic is not that bad here!) and although I will probably get lost (there are sooo many highways in Dallas), I really have had enough of the Hertz woman (aka the Neverlost lady)..."Turn right in 2 miles..." ARGH.

So...so far so good. Right now I am researching on the accounts that I will be handling - so it's sort of like school at the moment, which isn't so bad. Guess I better suck it up and make some sales. Afterall, I have to beat Chris Clark's $150K goal..........

No comments: