Saturday, September 29, 2007

Crazy Texan Driver

Well, perhaps its inevitable that this was going to happen eventually. My baby - my car - was hit by another car.

So here I was heading to work after a retail summit, going straight on a 3 lane road when out of the blue I see a white flash out of the corner of my eye and the next thing I know, I was hit on the passenger side door. WTF.

I was driving on the left most lane. Apparently she was making a right turn - apparently a wide ass right turn - and so happened to turn right into me. Her words? "I didn't see you." I don't care if she didn't see me, why wasn't she making a right turn into her own lane? Or even to the middle? That really pissed me off.

So we pulled over, then I suggested moving to the side street so that we don't block traffic since we were on a pretty busy road - which might have been a mistake.

She was very apologetic and seemed nice. Hopefully she doesn't dispute anything - that she was completely at fault. I don't have collision (stupid apparently - but it really is old....) but I have liability, but since I wasn't liable my insurance won't have to get involved. So it sounds like she is going to pay up - but we'll see. Cross my fingers.

Estimated charges, $2500 for the job, and $1800 for the paint. Apparently that is 73% of my car's worth. Which was really...REALLY funny. I didn't think my car was worth that much. LOL.

Anyways, hopefully this will pan out alright.

Grrr...maybe I should just buy a new car.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.