Sunday, September 21, 2008

God and I

Well...as you might have noticed. I've stopped reading the Bible. Yes...it was kind of tough to go through it so I took a break. I did however, went to Church several times. I decided not to today. I just didn't feel like it. I don't feel anything really. Well, maybe exhaustion. Going to Church is kind of exhasuting sometimes. Especially when the majority of the time I just don't agree with what the Church is preaching about. Recently it's been about sin. It's weird hearing my 'name' being preached in Church and associating it with something evil. I did however enjoy the last service -

I like to use the grocery store analogy. When I go grocery shopping, I don't like everything that they carry, so I just pick and choose what I like and buy it. Sometimes though, maybe I'll try something new and end up liking it, even though I may not think so in the first place. I kind of see that metaphor with Christianity. I pick and choose what I like, and maybe someday I'll end up liking and accepting other parts of its beliefs. However, there are certain foods that I KNOW I don't like (like Avocado), and the same goes for with some Christianity beliefs (i.e. homosexuality is a sin). I think that's what I have the most trouble wrapping my mind around.

So I am taking a break. Besides, I've been buying a lot of new stuff and really haven't had the chance to 'eat' it yet.

CH

No comments: