Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Spoolsv.exe

So here I am in class, falling asleep since I only got 3 hours of sleep the night before. I am resorted to browsing online since I really didn't care about discussing the Dell case.

All of a sudden my computer stops. I reboot it 4 times yet it takes forever for it to load up. I managed to get into Task Manager when I realized that spoolsv.exe is taking up 99% of the CPU. I end it and my programs start loading. I went into Control Panel to access my printers and realized there are 4 print jobs waiting to be printed -- which was weird since it wasn't me who wanted to print, it said "Guest". I deleted the print jobs, then went into their properties to change the share function so that my printers were no longer being shared. Now spoolsv.exe is down to 00%! and my system is back to "normal." Drove me crazy for about an hour :p

No comments: